Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Control Nodes
Is it possible to add my own Control Nodes and or ControlNode logic in a optimal way? 

I'm trying to allow raycasting from control nodes to detect if colliding with things, currently I generate my own nodes but this requires keeping track of the real control points, and then my own nodes. I'd like to find a way to combine the two.
Curvy splines has different ways to project a spline. You can see them in action in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtP4A2sQphE
I hope at least one of them (thinking about projecting the path using the Conform Path module, which keeps your spline intact) will be the solution you are looking for.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(05-26-2023, 11:12 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: I hope at least one of them (thinking about projecting the path using the Conform Path module, which keeps your spline intact) will be the solution you are looking for.

Thanks however I don't think this covers my issue. I've broken my splines into just segments. Each segment is a new spline which I connect to others via connections. My editor is at runtime and needs to raycast the points to check for overlaps to check if building is possible and apply connections.

Currently I'm generating my own nodes that try and match the control point nodes. However I was thinking it'd be much simpler if I added my own code to the control nodes.

Either a way to override the existing control node with my own scripts, or if its possible to add a component to the pooled control node would be great.
You can use one of the events of the CurvySpline class (such as OnAfterControlPointAdd) to run your code every time your spline is modified. Your code wouldmake sure your spline's control points do have your custom script on them.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Question How to attach custom components to output Sacryn 3 6 02-23-2024, 09:42 AM
  Guide to custom placing stuff on spline Lupos 15 43 11-27-2023, 12:51 PM
  Connection "next' control point jh092 3 15 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM