Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are connections pooled?
I've been using connections to link different walls together. I noticed in the code it instantiates a gameobject for them which leads me to believe they aren't pooled? Is this assumption correct? 

If so would it be okay to prefab a connection object, and just pool them instead of using the native CurvyConnector.Create() api?
Hi
Indeed, connections are not pooled. If you feel the need for that , please do pool them, I don't see a reason to advise you against. Just keep all the active children as children of the _CurvyGlobal_ object. But as what I always advise with perfs optimizations, prefer keeping the code simple (no connection pooling in this case) until you profil and find that connections creation/destruction is really a problem. Often what we think will be a main reason for performance decrease is not really the issue.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connections Problem Juton 3 14 03-06-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  How to merge intersecting meshes at spline connections? Reign_of_Light 2 6 03-20-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Reign_of_Light
  Null Ref when using Connections RKTRAINS 1 2 10-10-2022, 08:49 AM
  Error when recreating splines / connections jh092 3 7 07-25-2022, 09:58 AM