Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rough edges on tight corners
Apologies if this has already been covered somewhere, but I couldn't find anything.

When I do shape extrusion, is there any way to avoid the mesh from crossing over itself and creating rough edges? It especially happens on the inside wall when the angle is tight.

I've tried adjusting the Path's Angle Threshold but it didn't help.

Here is an example that shows the problem:

https://pasteboard.co/qFw6ylvXgCvj.png
[Image: qFw6ylvXgCvj.png]

Thanks!
As a workaround I have created a 2nd Input Spline Path to define the wall, but that is not ideal because I have to manually adjust this Spline Path's control points to fit nicely with the Spline Path that defines the floor.
Hi
If you want the road to keep the same width everywhere, and have such sharp turns, then it is inevitable to have such mesh crossing.

So to remove mesh crossing, one of the following should be done:
- reduce the path's width
- reduce the sharpness of the turn
If none of these solutions is acceptable, then there is a probably something I can do in the code for this specific case. In that case, please send me privately your invoice number, and I will see what can be done.

Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thanks for replying!

I have fixed it by adjusting the position of the control points slightly, so no further action needed in this case.

It's interesting to hear that there isn't a general solution to the problem. For a while I was trying to implement my own solution - I looked into both offset curves and sweeping, but haven't reached a solution. Is that something you've ever looked into?
(03-17-2023, 12:16 PM)migwellian Wrote: It's interesting to hear that there isn't a general solution to the problem.
Well, no general solution I am aware of. I might be wrong, maybe there is something out there. If so please let me know.

(03-17-2023, 12:16 PM)migwellian Wrote: For a while I was trying to implement my own solution - I looked into both offset curves and sweeping, but haven't reached a solution. Is that something you've ever looked into?

I looked into it some time ago but not very deeply/methodically. The solution I found was to punctually reduce the width of the track when the turns are too sharp.

I hope this helped, and please keep me updated if you find anything interesting regarding this subject.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thanks for your reply! I will do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ball jumps on colliders edges Dmitrii_Dzh 8 25 04-26-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Mesh Lines - Horizontal and Vertical Edges Krypton 14 4,759 09-23-2020, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Krypton
  How to spawn GameObjects on corners of the liinear spline? Pixel Flipper 7 5,083 09-18-2019, 07:03 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Mesh Generator, Hard / Faceted Edges? nomadigi 2 4,674 01-31-2018, 04:54 PM
Last Post: nomadigi