Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to fill a closed spline with mesh
I'm looking for a way to fill a closed spline with a mesh. Most of the generator features seem to support doing mesh operations *along* a spline, but I cannot find features related to closed splines.

I got kinda close with a Input Spline Shape, but then I ran into issues with overlapping polygons that resulted in z-fighting.

And in other cases the inner vertices from one half of the mesh extended beyond the bounds of the opposite end.

The end result I'm looking for is something like this, where the red dots are the control points. (excuse quick hand drawing)

Thanks
Hi
What you need is in the toolbar -> Tools -> Spline To Mesh
https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/toolbar/start#tools
Did this help?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Oh ye that does the trick.

Would it be possible to give something like this a volume instead of it just creating a flat plane?

I kinda achieved this with two splines, but the mesh is incomplete. I also prefer to not have the duplicate spline, but I can try solve this by writing a tool for it.

I realized in the meantime that I might get the result I need if use switch my Spine Path with my Spline Shape.

This very nearly gave me exactly what I want.

But sadly this also opened another can of worms. The mesh doesn't create caps at the start/end, so I can only really use it for colliders. But also the collider is just a ribbon, it's not a actual volume.

I tried the Generate Mesh tool again on it, but this creates a new mesh independent from the one made by the generator. So again the collider doesn't become part of it.
Hi
The Volume Caps module is what you are missing. You can see how it is used in example scene 27
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Works like a charm!
Great
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 3 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44