Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shapes points orientation
Hi,
I'd like to know if there is a way to change the orientation of a spline that was generated using the Shapes components (Rounded Square, Circle, etc...)

Currently I can set them on the plane I want but the spline points are not necessarily oriented as I wish.
For instance :

Here the circle shape on the correct plane but with the wrong orientation:
[Image: bXmg6HH.png]

And here is the orientation I need:
[Image: F0ZES26.png]

Like I did for the second screenshot, I can easily fix it by manualy rotating the points but this is not very iteration friendly and sometimes the shape get refreshed and I loose the changes.

I wish to know if there is a way or a plan to fix  this issue ?

Thanks Smile
Hi
The reason you loose changes is that the Shape's script updates the associated spline, overriding your changes. Disabling the script should avoid this issue.
Besides manually rotating the points, the solution I see is to modify the Shape's code. The method to check is ApplyShape(). You will see that the CPs' position is set in that method, you can set the rotations too.
Did this help?
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi,
Indeed it helps. I was going to eventually change the code but I thought it would be a nice option to have by default.

Thanks for the fast answer!
Have a great day
You are welcome. I take note of your suggestion, I might implement it in the future.
Thanks and have a great day too
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 Yesterday, 10:08 PM
  Does CurvySplines support displaying handles and points during runtime? niuage 1 7 12-11-2023, 12:01 PM
  animating points on a spline Antonio 11 19 09-17-2023, 09:55 AM