Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
building game changes UV spaces for generated mesh
I'm cleaning out my scene. I've exported the generated mesh to FBX files for prefabs. They all look fine in the editor, but when I build & run the UV spacing especially in curvy areas, the spacing gets hosed.

What can be done to fix this?
Hi
Can you please tell me what do you mean by "run the UV spacing"
Can you provide some screenshots showing the issue?
Thanks
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I'm sorry for the bad grammar.

I mean when I run the build- playing the game, the UV spacing of the generated mesh gets messed up.

Everything in the editor looks perfect. It's the compiled game that somehow changes the UV spacing.

At first, I thought I was having multiple instances of the mesh in the scene when I compiled.
This wasn't the case. I deleted everything that was Curvy Editor for the build.
Can you send me a minimal reproduction case so I can investigue what is happening?
Thanks
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Here are some videos of what's happening.

Editor everything is perfect.
[redacted]

In game, everything is stretched out
[redacted]
I removed your youtube links, just in case you don't want the videos to be public, since I saw that they were unlisted videos.
Hi again
Your issue is indeed intriguing. Like you said, you exported the Curvy generated track to an external asset, and removed Curvy from your project, so Curvy should not be the cause of this issue. Here are some leads to try to find a solution:
  1. Have you exported the meshes using the export button in the Curvy Generator's toolbar? If not, please try again while using this method.
  2. Make a project with only a scene showing that mesh. Does building it create the issue?
    • If yes, then try opening the mesh outside Unity's editor. Does the problem occurre there too?
      • If yes, can the problem be fixed in that outside software?
        • If yes fix it and reexport the mesh
        • If not, send me the mesh and everything necessary to produce the mesh with Curvy
      • If no, open a Unity issue, stating that this mesh works fine outside unity, in edit mode but not in play mode, while attaching the project
    • If no, then strip your original project gradually until finding what to be deleted to solve the issue.
Also, if possible, try different unity versions. If the problem comes from Unity, a different version might solve/avoid the issue
Hi,

Have you exported the meshes using the export button in the Curvy Generator's toolbar? If not, please try again while using this method. 

Yes I have, it did the same thing. I also converted them to FBX format & the UV spacing would still get messed up at runtime.

I'll look at the FBX in Maya to see if the UV spacing is fine.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with Unity 2020.3.26f.
OK, so I exported mesh to FBX & opened in Maya. The UV spacing is perfect just like in Unity's editor.

This is a Unity issue because after re-importing & compiling- the UV spacing gets messed up during runtime.

Thank you...I'll find a work around & contact Unity.
You are welcome.
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Good luck with Unity's support, and have a nice day

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 3 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM
  Get spline from generated mesh beartrox 1 5 11-27-2023, 12:30 PM