Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Loader errors after build
I've been working with the plugin just fine untill I built a Windows version of my game and came across this error. It also results in my splines not updating.

I've attached an screenshot of the errors and uncertain how to resolve the issue.

I'm on Curvy Spline version 8.4.0, building with Unity 2022.2.1f1 and scripting backend ILL2CPP.
This is weird. The error messages are related to mesh pooling in Curvy Generator. Mesh pooling is an optimization technique consisting of reusing meshes instead of creating new ones. For some reason the pooling code could not find the pool of meshes. I am surprised that this error appears in build but not in play mode.

Can you send me your project so I can debug?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Just to clarify: I tried to reproduce your issue by building Curvy's example scenes, with no success.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Happy to report that in an attempt to setup a example project for you, I came across the solution.

I was using the `com.unity.platform` package to build the game. In the setting there was a component called "Classic Code Stripping Options" that needs to be removed entirely.

I reckon a few users will come across this as the new build package is getting adopted, so I'd suggestion investigating. Most likely some CurvySpline mesh assets are being stripped and needs to get whitelisted or something.

Thanks!

EDIT:  Despite the above solution working for my separate "reproduce" project, it still does not work for my original project. I'm continuing tests until I can effectively reproduce the issue.

EDIT 2:  Building the project via the classic method still causing this issue on my original project.
Issue was resolved by going to Player Settings, then disable "Use incremental GC" and set "Managed Stripping Level" to Minimal.

Hi
Thanks for the complete information, I managed to reproduce the issue. It will be fixed in an upcoming update. Until then, you can avoid the issue by adding the following to ToolBuddy\Assets\Curvy\link.xml
<assembly fullname="Assembly-CSharp-firstpass" ignoreIfMissing="1">
<type fullname="FluffyUnderware.*" preserve="all" />
</assembly>
Did this solution work?
I also have a preview of the real fix, that should be included in the next update. I would like you to test it if possible. Can you please check your private messages? Thanks
Just reporting that the preview of the real fix worked for me and as mentioned above, should be included in the next update.
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisible generated meshes in build itsGama 5 10 06-08-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Efficiently chopping up a build extrusion? blabz2007 2 9 08-05-2022, 10:43 AM
Question Error after upgrade: (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) boriskourt 3 7 05-17-2022, 12:32 PM
Wink In SplineController OnPositionReachedList Event is missing shimizu 2 13 02-07-2022, 12:47 PM
Last Post: shimizu