Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I find the point on the spline after applying with offset angle+radius?
I have the point on the spline that isn't applied with offset angle and offset radius yet.
How can I find the point on the spline after applying with offset angle and offset radius?
Hi
Here is the code applying the offset:

Code:
        /// <summary>
        /// Returns the position of the controller after applying an offset
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="position">The controller's position</param>
        /// <param name="tangent">The tangent at the controller's position</param>
        /// <param name="up">The Up direction at the controller's position</param>
        /// <param name="offsetAngle"><see cref="OffsetAngle"/></param>
        /// <param name="offsetRadius"><see cref="OffsetRadius"/></param>
        protected static Vector3 ApplyOffset(Vector3 position, Vector3 tangent, Vector3 up, float offsetAngle, float offsetRadius)
        {
            Quaternion offsetRotation = Quaternion.AngleAxis(offsetAngle, tangent);
            return position.Addition((offsetRotation * up).Multiply(offsetRadius));
        }

As you can see, the point is at a radius of offsetRadius from the point on the spline, and has an angle of offsetAngle with the spline's up vector (also called orientation) at said point.
I hope this helped
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 15 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 14 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 1 4 02-13-2024, 10:18 AM
  How could I get position in spline from "From" value in BuildRasterizedPath? Chanon 1 6 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM