Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overlapping triangles caused by sharp turns
Hi there, thanks again for creating this wonderful plugin. It's a big help in speeding up the development of our game. We are currently trying to create a tube with sharp turns. However, we can't figure out a way to make the generator generate non-overlapping triangles. As a quick example, if we change the spline interpolation to Linear in the 23_CGTube sample scene, we can see some overlapping triangles/holes for both the outer surface and inner surface of the tube. Is there a way to get around this? We are trying to tubes with 45 degree and 90 degree angles. Playing around with resolution and angle limits didn't help either. Thanks in advance!

[Image: 50oLtGa.png]
[Image: bNUY8Lg.png]
Hi

There is no simple option you can activate to fix this. Curvy right now is not good with tight angles on wide tubes. Good results are achievable on the outer part of the bend by setting (in Shape Extrusion) Optimize to true, maxing Resolution, and minimizing Angle Threshold.

For the inner parts, I do think about a solution I can implement to avoid polygons intersection, that might or might not be fit for your use cases. I will try to implement it in the upcoming few days. Will let you know.

Here is an illustration of what I mean by good result for the outer part:

Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(08-08-2022, 01:18 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi

There is no simple option you can activate to fix this. Curvy right now is not good with tight angles on wide tubes. Good results are achievable on the outer part of the bend by setting (in Shape Extrusion) Optimize to true, maxing Resolution, and minimizing Angle Threshold.

For the inner parts, I do think about a solution I can implement to avoid polygons intersection, that might or might not be fit for your use cases. I will try to implement it in the upcoming few days. Will let you know.

Here is an illustration of what I mean by good result for the outer part:

Have a nice day

gotcha, thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to make sharp bends look better joonturbo 0 3,383 06-18-2015, 10:06 AM
Last Post: joonturbo
  Berms (banked turns += wider & curved road) Pre-purchase query Arakade 3 6,718 05-26-2015, 06:27 AM
Last Post: Jake