Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closed splines and duplicate points
Hi there,

I have a spline, let's say in a circular shape, with the first and last spline points being in the same position.

If I set the spline to Closed, I still have those first and last points don't I, there is no removal of points when "closing" the spline.

Is there a way to "fuse" the first and last points, such that the spline is closed but we don't end up with two points being in the same location (so we end up with one less point in the closed spline).

Or doesn't it matter if two spline points are in the exact same location?

Hope this makes sense?

Many thanks and best wishes from Australia

John
Hi
It seems to me that in your case the solution is to remove the duplicated control point (the last one that has the same position as the first one). Is there any reason to not do that?
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
That makes sense, thanks so much for confirmation.

John
You are welcome.
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 1 hour ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 2 hours ago
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 15 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM