Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect two spline at runtime
Hi there,

I want to create a procedural world where splines have to connect at runtime.

I think I am on the right track but I can't get the connection finalized meaning the same process when clicking in the Inspector: Connection - Control Point Options - Synchronization Presets -  "Position and Rotation" after which the connection will be blended together.

Code:
var lastVisibleControlPoint = lastSplineController.Spline.LastVisibleControlPoint;
            var firstVisibleControlPoint = firstSplineController.Spline.FirstVisibleControlPoint;

var connection = CurvyConnection.Create(lastVisibleControlPoint, firstVisibleControlPoint);
            connection.SetSynchronisationPositionAndRotation(lastVisibleControlPoint.transform.position, lastVisibleControlPoint.transform.rotation);

What am I missing here?

Thanks a lot for helping out!
Hi

What you are missing is to set the following properties of your controls points to true:
ConnectionSyncPosition
ConnectionSyncRotation

When you select a preset in the connection inspector, you can see that what it does is to modify the "Sync Position" and "Sync Rotation" values of the connected control points. There are the the properties I listed above.

I hope this helped. Feel free to ask if you need anything else.
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(05-18-2022, 12:04 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi

What you are missing is to set the following properties of your controls points to true:
ConnectionSyncPosition
ConnectionSyncRotation

When you select a preset in the connection inspector, you can see that what it does is to modify the "Sync Position" and "Sync Rotation" values of the connected control points. There are the the properties I listed above.

I hope this helped. Feel free to ask if you need anything else.
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day

Hi,
thanks for helping out, works perfectly fine!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 4 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 4 hours ago
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM