Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fill a spline
Hi,

I'm trying to fill a spline thanks to MeshHelper.CreateSplineMesh().
I explain the problem:
i create wall a runtime by clicking and adding control point in a spline + meshbuilder. if the first and the last control point are near enought, the spline shut itself and i want to add
a roof the the wall thanks to MeshHelper.CreateSplineMesh(). 
It kinda works sometime. i have some triangle wiwh are drawn. but not all the surface.
sometime the faces normal are switched with no reason.
and finally i don't understand how the curvation angle works in the function.

here a picture to have a better idea: http://hpics.li/25264cb
Could you please give some information about this function and tell me if what i wanna do is possible.

Thanks Smile

Hi,

that's weird, the triangles shouldn't flip. What settings are you using? Another way to find out what's going wrong: If that happens, pause the game, switch to scene view and create a Mesh Shape from the actual spline using the wizard. This way you can play around with the settings and perhaps find out what parameters cause that error. If nothing help, I can send you our current dev version, we've reworked the wizard and use a way better triangulation method now.

The curvation angle determines where to create vertices by the curvation of the spline. A good value is between 1-5 and will ensure that almost linear parts will create less vertices than sharp curves. But using a fixed step or Granularity points to determine vertices usually gives a more predictable result.

Jake

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44
  How could I get position in spline from "From" value in BuildRasterizedPath? Chanon 1 8 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM