Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can generated mesh be enabled to read/write?
I'm using an asset that needs mesh to be set to read/write for the vehicles to work properly.

To make this work, I have to:

1. save mesh
2. export to fbx [of note; this still does enable R/W for the mesh so...]
3. import to Maya
4. RE-EXPORT fbx to enable read/write

Thanks in advance
Hi
I tested whether a mesh is Read/Write enabled for all the following cases, and in all of them the test was positive:
- The created mesh part of the generator
- The exported mesh to the scene
- The exported mesh to an asset.
The test I did was to log the isReadable property of those meshes. Here is the documentation of that property:
https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Mesh-isReadable.html
As you can see in the following sentence from that documentation, this property is the equivalent of the Read/Write Enabled checkbox:
"You can set this value using the Read/Write Enabled checkbox when importing a model to Unity"
So if there is an issue Curvy's side, it is not a systematic issue.

Can you check on your side that the meshes generated by Curvy have isReadable set to true? If this didn't help you find the source of the problem, please send me a minimal reproduction case, so that I can check this further
Also, what version of Curvy do you use?

Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(04-07-2022, 01:02 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Can you check on your side that the meshes generated by Curvy have isReadable set to true?

Or simply check the Read/Write Enabled in the mesh's inspector, that's way easier Smile

Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 3 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM
  Get spline from generated mesh beartrox 1 5 11-27-2023, 12:30 PM