Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isolating Package to include only Spline system
Hey there,

I successfully published 2 titles with this tool and its great for the thing I am doing. Now I am working on a framework-ish Unity Editor environment to boost productivity of our team.

What is the best way to isolate and only have Splines via Curvy? I only need Editor Scripts to place Curves and attach camera on it, this is what I expect from Curvy to do and it is doing it great Smile.

I don't need Mesh Generation, SVG import/export, CG etc.

What is the best way to isolate Curvy in this way?

Thanks
Hi

I am wondering if the effort of stripping the scripts unused by your project, for editor usage, is worth the effort. The whole asset, if you remove the examples folder, is less than 5Mo.

If you do decide to strip the scripts, you will have to gradually remove the folders that seem to be related to the unused features, and check if the editor compiles properly. Based on your post, you will probably want to remove the following folder:

ToolBuddy\Assets\Curvy\CG Templates
ToolBuddy\Assets\Curvy\Scripts\CG
ToolBuddy\Assets\Curvy\Scripts\CG Modules
ToolBuddy\Assets\Curvy\Scripts\ImportExport
ToolBuddy\Dependencies\Vector Graphics

Also, in case you were not aware of this, the asset is licensed on a per seat basis. Please make sure you have bought enough copies when sharing your framework/environment with your teammates. For more details, here is an extract of the Asset Store Terms Of Service, as of today:

"Extension Assets are licensed on a per seat basis and may not be shared or used concurrently on more than 2 different computers. As an exception, build farm servers and virtual machine instances used only for running, testing, or building projects with Extension Assets do not require separate seat license(s) or constitute use on more than 2 different computers."

Source: https://unity.com/legal/as-terms

Let me know if you need any more help.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hey,

I tried to arrange/delete folders you mentioned, but, after spending a day, I stopped working on it. I can't make it work, can you help, please?
Hi

I initially thought that deleting certain folders was the answer to your request, but it turns out that code modification is necessary. I attempted to make these changes, but unfortunately, it was beyond the scope of the standard support I offer. However, I'm available for contracted work to implement these modifications for you. Additionally, I can create a script to streamline the feature removal process for future updates of Curvy Splines. If this interests you, please let me know, and we can discuss the specifics further.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need further clarification.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM