Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absolute distance along spline for Shape Extrusion Module
I need to place different materials on a race track, but since I cannot do it via the v coordinate of UV, I am creating separate Volumes from the same spline.

To do this, I use the Shape Extrusion module and set the "From" values to the relative values that I need in the spline.

Is there a way to do it with absolute position rather than relative?

Thanks!
Hi
The UI of that module takes relative distances/position, which should be multiplied by the length of the path to have the absolute distance/position. So the solutions I think about are, by order of needed coding:
  1. Do the division and input the result in the module
  2. Add a script to the Shape Extrusion's Game Object, scipt having an input field were you input the relative position and it does the computation and updates the From value via API.
  3. Modify the Shape Extrusion module's code to consider its inputs as absolute distances/positions
Did that help?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Yes, this helps. Thanks!
You are welcome.
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM