Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with spline prefab
Hi,

I created a simple spline (in editor), and wrote some scripts to access it. They worked fine. I then copied that spline into assets, as a prefab.

I wrote code to instantiate the prefab, which it did! However, while it looks fine in the Editor, the script says it has Length=0, and I get a Curvy exception when I try TFToDistance or Interpolate.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

PS - 

I just tried it again. I am doing this all in Edit mode.
I am instantiating the spline in the script using 
Code:
CurvySpline mySpline = PrefabUtility.InstantiatePrefab(splinePrefab) as CurvySpline;

This *does* instantiate the spline. When I check mySpline in the code right after, and while it is indeed a spline (has the correct number of control points), it does not work as said above. If I exit the code, and come back and check it in the code, it is fine.
Hi
Try calling mySpline.Start() after instantiating the prefab. Did that fix the problem?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I think that did the trick! I'll let you know if it doesn't...

Thanks for your help.
You are welcome. I'm here if you need something else.
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM