Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the performance of Curvy in iOS/Android ?
Greetings,

Just purchased curvy because I think this will greatly help my project's needs. The game I'm making is for mobile.

I can see Curvy is mobile compatible. I'm just wondering if there is any performance cost to using Curvy in iOS and Android ? I still have not dived into it as I only just purchased it. Since there is a steep learning curve, I just wanted to be 100% confirmed there isn't going to be any unexpected hiccups down the line.

Imagine the train track example in mobile. Will it work without lag even in older phones ? When targeting for mobile, is there anything I should be specifically be aware of to ensure best practices ?

Thanks
Hi

Curvy has different features, some more CPU intensive than others. For example moving an object is really cheap compared to generating a mesh from an extrusion. So, and this is probably not the answer you want to hear, it really depends on what you want to do.

I am not a mobile developer, so I can't speak of experience, but what I can say is that I have seen various projects on mobile using Curvy, and that for years, so this should mean that old mobile phones should handle Curvy too.

About the train example, that isn't a costly scenario, it should run fine on mobile.

About mobile specific best practices, I don't see any for now. Here are some non-mobile specific performance tips: https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/performancetips/start

Let me know if you find any issue, will do my best to solve it

Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(08-12-2021, 11:39 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi

Curvy has different features, some more CPU intensive than others. For example moving an object is really cheap compared to generating a mesh from an extrusion. So, and this is probably not the answer you want to hear, it really depends on what you want to do.

I am not a mobile developer, so I can't speak of experience, but what I can say is that I have seen various projects on mobile using Curvy, and that for years, so this should mean that old mobile phones should handle Curvy too.

About the train example, that isn't a costly scenario, it should run fine on mobile.

About mobile specific best practices, I don't see any for now. Here are some non-mobile specific performance tips: https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/performancetips/start

Let me know if you find any issue, will do my best to solve it

Have a nice day

Thanks. That should be enough confidence for me to proceed. Thanks for the very prompt reply Smile
You are welcome. Please Let me know of how the process went.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Curvy is really power by unity? or it was just frameworK?
(09-01-2021, 10:00 AM)melina675 Wrote: Curvy is really power by unity? or it was just frameworK?

Hi
Sorry but it is unclear to me what you meant by "power by unity". So I will answer broadly hoping that I will answer your specific question:
Curvy is not made by Unity's team. It is an asset that, like almost every code asset, uses Unity's API.
Curvy is not just a framework. It is an editor tool, so has components and editors and can be used without the need to code anything. It also has an API for programmers, which allows advanced usage (customization, automation, ...)
I hope I did answer your question

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 7 03-27-2024, 03:23 AM