Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Create a path with Curvy from a "position" animation with several keyframes
Hi!

Is it possible to create a path with Curvy from a "position" animation with several keyframes? I would like to be able to modify the curve of the trajectory of my objects in real time. My objects have an animated position using keyframes and their movements are straight. I'm trying to use Curvy so that I can modify that animation to offer dynamic curves. How can it be done?

Thanks!
Hi
Not sure to have understood your exact use case, so my answer will be a bit of "spray and pray" answer Smile
  • The control points constituting a spline are game objects, meaning that whatever is used to animate a game object will work on them, including animations. Same applies for the properties of Curvy's components, as long as their type is compatible with animations (floats, ints, ...)
  • You can modify a spline at runtime using Curvy's API. The main class to manipulate a spline is CurvySpline
  • A Spline Controller has a Position property. That property can be modified using an animation to animate the movement of an object along a spline.
Let me know if none of the above helped answering your question
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 13 minutes ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 24 minutes ago
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 28 minutes ago
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp