Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline Shape not centering around Spline Path
I am making some really long splines paths that are meant to form tunnels.

When I curve the tunnel to the right or left too much, the spline gets really close to edge of the mesh instead of being centered inside the shape.

Is there a setting to make the shape always be centered around the spine no matter how much the spline path stretches or twists around?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi
It might be because of the resolution of the shape extrusion is not high enough. In the Shape Extrusion module, try increase the the Resolution parameter in the Path tab. If the issue persists, and to rule out any resolution related cause, increase also the Resolution parameter in the Cross tab, and the Cache Density in the Spline's inspector.
If the issue is not resolution related, please send me a reproduction case.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hello,

I also have this problem. I have applied the advice you have given but without success.

Here are the screenshots of my unity scene to show you the problem.Thank you in advance for the time you will give to solve this problem.

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybe the Rails game object is not centered? You can define an offset of that game object in the Input GameObjects module, or in the Tab "0:Group" of your Input Spots module. Let me know if this didn't help.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 19 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Rasterized Path Range issue proton 2 10 04-15-2024, 03:42 PM
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM