Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get position on spline relative to world position
Hello

I am trying to Get position on spline or TF that is relative to world position. here in image the spline is 2D and its positioned at (0,0) and i have gizmo point (green one) that its position is (5,8,-4).

I need to get the position or TF on spline for a point that is also have same x as gizmo point (5).

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi
I believe you need to use the CurvySpline.GetNearestPointTF()
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Oh man, I feel so stupid. I used CurvySpline.GetNearestPointTF() before, and now I completely forgot about it.

Thanks man this is exactly what I need.
(05-10-2021, 12:49 PM)Mos Def Wrote: Oh man, I feel so stupid. I used CurvySpline.GetNearestPointTF() before, and now I completely forgot about it.

No worries, I will put on the account of fasting Ramadan Big Grin
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(05-10-2021, 12:59 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: No worries, I will put on the account of fasting Ramadan Big Grin

LoL Big Grin  its because of fasting Ramadan
Wink
(05-10-2021, 07:07 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi
Have a nice day

Hello, is there a function for the opposite effect? Ability to plug in a TF and get the world position of that point at the the spline? I want to get the world position on the spline that is closest to my player as a Vector
CurvySpline.GetNearestPointTF() has an oveeride that returns you the position on the spline. Otherise, you can use Interpolate. I recommand you to read the documentation to know about the basic functions:
https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/extend/apigeneral#commonly_used_methods
then if needed
api.curvyeditor.com
(05-19-2021, 01:18 AM)smackledorf Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 07:07 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi
Have a nice day

Hello, is there a function for the opposite effect? Ability to plug in a TF and get the world position of that point at the the spline? I want to get the world position on the spline that is closest to my player as a Vector

Since posting this I figured out the solution, nevermind! For those who stumble here in the future:

Code:
Vector3 P;

float pTf = currentSpline.GetNearestPointTF(transform.position, out P);

Where P is the world position of that TF!
(05-19-2021, 05:06 AM)smackledorf Wrote: Since posting this I figured out the solution, nevermind! For those who stumble here in the future:

You seem to have missed my answer to that question. Glad that you took the time to share your finding for others, appreciated.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM