Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline To Mesh UVs
Hello 

I have closed spline that i am making mesh from it using spline to mesh tool , I noticed that the UVs for the generated mesh will show the  material UVs as in image bellow which is good for many cases i am using it for .

However i was wondering Is it possible to have different UV settings for the generated mesh as if the texture is bending with curve shape? I am building the shape from code you provided me in previous thread and its super helpful , but i was wondering if i can make the bottom control points to have UV 0 and the top control points to have UV1 so the texture is look curved with the  spline after i create the shape mesh?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi
Just to say that due to technical issues, I can't work for now. Will answer you once things get fixed, hopefully before the end of the week.
Thanks for your patience
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi again
Sorry, but for now I am not planning to provide multiple UV mappings for that use case. That might change in the future, but not in the near future. You can modify the code generating those UV coordinates, which is quite simple to understand, to fir your needs. That code is in the Spline2Mesh.Apply method, in \Curvy\Base\CurvyUtility.cs starting from line 437
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 Yesterday, 10:08 PM
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 3 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM