Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make hard angle
Hello,

I' trying to make a hard angle wall with spline and generator but can't find a good way for the outside corner !

Do you have a solution ?
And another question, how to splite the mesh by segment between the corners ?

Thank you ! Your asset is awesome !
Hi

Thanks for your praise.

Unfortunately, those corners are hard to make using Curvy. I am planning on fixing this in the 8.x.x cycle. I will keep you updated once I have something to share. Until then, a really not ideal solution would be to invert the extrusion: make the wall base as the extrusion's cross, and make a linear spline with the length of the wall as the extrusion's path.

Mesh splitting based on an angle or control points is not a feature of Curvy. This would be an interesting feature, will add it to the todo list.
As a work around, you can modify the code of the Volume Mesh module (Curvy\Base\CG Modules\BuildVolumeMesh.cs) to replace the existing logic of mesh splitting every X distance with a logic that would split at specific distances. Changing that logic should not be difficult. Then you can make a script that will fill those specific distances based on the distance of control points of a given spline. Was my explanation clear?

Sorry for not having a better answer.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I look for modify BuildVolumeMesh.cs and i'm getting back to you.
Ok i wait for the a new version Wink

Have a good day.
Thank you
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(03-22-2021, 05:27 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Thank you

Hi,

Do you have some news for make hard angle ?

Thanks.
Sorry, nothing new to announce

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Corner Angle Revisited SAMYTHEBIGJUICY 10 14 01-02-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  how to make fast moving controller go all the way to linear points?(curvy8) hawken 7 12 06-06-2023, 09:47 AM
Brick Extending Curvy to make a Hallway editor. JacobSL 5 396 02-13-2023, 09:29 AM
  Way to make gameobject follow splines 'human-ly'? yun844 3 11 01-17-2023, 10:18 AM