Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error while making prefab having curvy Generator script
Hi,
I am using curvy to create a track spline which dynamically extends as the player covers distance. So the setup consist of a CurvySpline and Generator to spawn the track and side walls.
The track is generated from primitive mesh from the Generator graph using spline and for the walls I am using a wall prefab in the graph with the same spline.

When I make a prefab of the whole spline object setup, it is throwing some errors.
Could you please help me with any suggestion or solutions.
Making a prefab of a spline setup will be helpful for me to manage various types of spline setups across scenes.
I have attached a screen shot of the error for reference.

Thanks, 
Soumya

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi
Everything is explained here:
https://forum.curvyeditor.com/thread-694-post-2575.html#pid2575
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thanks, for clarifying it. I was trying with disabling the GenerateObject node. Got it, the error is because of a restriction from Unity on prefab then.
You are welcome. To be fair, due to the new restrictions on prefabs, I could implement things differently to go around them, but that task is not on the top of the my todo list for now, but I will eventually do that.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 7 03-27-2024, 03:23 AM