Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spot generator range change
I have spot generator that spot object along spline. every thing is working just fine, however I need to make the spot generator create as few objects along the spline. so i came with the idea of give the volume module specific range while the player is moving along the spline.

for ex. when player start on spline the volume spot range is 0-0.25. when he reaches specific distance the range will be 0.25-0.5 and so on. I noticed something i didn't able to fix, When i change the range of TO value it will remove object as intended and will show the spotted object within that range. But  when i change the From value the whole spotted objects are moving along the spline and it ill not discard or remove object that are positioned on range less than from range. it will move object that was on the beginning of range 0.

The volume spot is modified to get the wanted result and here are my changes:

-the volume spot is connected to spline curve through rasterize path module and its range is set to 0-1
-volume spot contains only one group and that group is simple sprite that i need to randomly place along the spline
-in that group i modified the space before -5 to 2, and space after 2 to 10, rotation 90 on y and set to horizontal , scale 0.75 to 2.5

On last question please Keep together bool in volume spot . What is it for? and does it mean it will spot multiple objects near each other ?
Hi

About Keep Together: it is explained in the editor with a tooltip, and at the module's documentation page:
https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/generator/modules/volumespots#groups
If the documentation is unclear, please let me know so I can make it clearer.

About the rest of the post: sorry but what is the question? From my understanding, you had a problem so you modified the spot to get the wanted result. Where just explaining your situation or is there a question there?

Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
let me explain my question, i will attach images to make it clearer

this is image for road that used curvy spline in this image the tree spot generator range from 0 to 1 and I adjust the generator the desired distribution for trees on the spline

in this image the tree generator is set from 0 to 0.14 . the trees after range 0.14 is removed , and if i changed it back to 1 the new trees that is shown is exactly how it was in the first image when the range was from 0 to 1. and this is exactly what i want

But in the last image here i set the range from 0.1 to 1 . however the spot positions is not how it was when the range for volume spot was from 0-1 (the first image above). in the last image all trees was shifted in position along the spline when i changed the rage of From value. (i am changing the range in volume spot module)

How can I make it discard the items in spot range when i change the from value instead of shifting all spot game objects ? 
Right now I don't see any way to achieve what you described simply by changing parameters in the existing modules.
The solution I see right now is to have a module for each section of the path (first quarter, second quarter, ...), and then activate and deactivate the relevant modules when you need to update the generated objects
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thanks for your replay , i will try adding module for each part , and if it didn't give me the desired result i will implement custom pooling.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 6 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM