Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playmaker events
Hi, I'm trying to get the event "on end reached" to work with Playmaker. I tried to change the event name but that only triggers events with that name. Since the component itself always says "on cp reached" I guess that's the only event that it checks for? That's what it looks like when I test.

But how do I get it to trigger when the end is reached?    
Hi,
You can see the list of Curvy related events that you can use in Playmaker by typing "curvy" in the events browser.
Indeed the On End Reached event is not there. I will fix that in the upcoming few days. Will keep you updated.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Cool, thanks.
Hi,
First of all, thank you for your patience.
I tried today to implement the On End Reached event in Curvy's addon by mimicing the code related to existing events, but I can't manage to make it work. I asked for Playmaker's team's input to pinpoint what I did wrong. Once I get an answer I will let you know.
Until then, as a work around, you can use On CP Reached event and then check if the event's Control Point is the same than the spline's last Control Point.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
I'm not sure if I want to use a work around, it would be tons of work to change afterwards. Hope it won't take too much time to get the answer.
I ended up figuring out what was missing. Here is a link to the modified files. Please replace them in your project and let me know if everything is working properly.
https://filesharing.toolbuddy.net/wl/?id=Vs2iMMZ2CuZFXYvD7kyhpLhqYwVwBYXd
Once I have a positive feedback from you, I will package the new addon and send it to Playmaker so that they add it to their ecosystem.
Great, I have tried the new things. I set it up on a few controllers, that once they reached the end, they deactivate themselves. It looks like there are no issues. Good stuff, thanks. Smile
Glad to read that
Hi, a small update about this. I think I got a bug with prefabs.

When I tested this, I tested on prefabs that where in the scene. I added a FSM to each to see if it worked and when it did I saved the prefabs and deleted them from the scene. Since adding and modifying FSM's on hundreds of prefabs would be silly, I changed the FSM to a template and added it to the prefabs.

That worked, except the on the once I saved from the scene earlier. No matter what I do, the proxy script on those will not work and say it's not implemented on target. It doesn't matter if I delete the script and the FSM, it wont work.

Well it can, but to make it work I can't use template FSM's on those initial prefabs, only default FSM's. The rest, that never were in the scene, work fine and are recognized by the proxy script.
Hi,
This seems to me like a Playmaker issue, but just in case, send me a reproduction case and I will try to find any obvious problem. Since I have barely any experience with Playmaker, I doubt I can find an issue that you didn't find, but I will give it a try.
If I can't find anything, I will then send your reproduction case with your explanation to my contact at Playmaker, and add your email as a Cc. So please provide me with an email address.
Thanks for your patience.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raise spline events during edit mode arcadeperfect 3 9 08-24-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy for Playmaker thorntonp72@gmail.com 1 4 10-23-2022, 11:41 AM
  On<Before,>Refresh events not called for Input modules tairoark 1 8 06-05-2022, 03:45 PM
  Playmaker error Lupp_ 7 4,679 01-08-2020, 12:49 PM