Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player to Train
Hi I was trying to figure out in my project I wanted to have a train running around and be able to enter the train and exit with my player even if the train is in moving.  I had done a simple attach script and it works just fine as long as I don't turn on the Orientation.  Once I turn on Orientation it messes with the transform of the player in a way that makes it hard to enter or exit the train.  I really want to use this asset and Orientation with it.  Can you please help me figure this out.

Thank you.
Hi,
How does your attach script work?
Does setting the controller's orientation mode to None help?
The orientation a controller applies is defined in the ComputeTargetPositionAndRotation method, which you can override if you inherit from any controller class.
If what I wrote did not help, send me a reproduction case. Keep in mind that this forum is public, so do not share Curvy's code in it.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hey thank you for the your quick responds but I have worked out a new script that fixed the problem. There was nothing wrong with your asset I just wanted your help with using it better in my project. Now I can have my FPS player jump on and off the train at any time smoothly with position and rotation in world space. I have made a script that attaches the RIGIDBODY not the transform. I am really!!! happy!!! that I finally figured it out and now can have tons of fun with your asset. If you or anyone needs to know how this was done just let me know.
Thank you again.
Glad to hear that, and thanks for being open to help others.
Enjoy Curvy Splines
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Train carriage with 2 bogies following a path arcadeperfect 9 27 08-25-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: arcadeperfect
  Programming a first-person player/camera to follow a Curvy Spline kenmarold 1 6 05-21-2023, 05:03 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Information Extending the ConnectedControlPointsSelector, based on Player provided input EverknightDev 1 13 04-03-2023, 10:44 PM
Wink Moving object along spline close to player minaa 7 25 12-27-2021, 02:39 PM