Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying Centrifugal Force to Controller
Thanks heaps, I had looked through the tutorials, controller scripts, and documentation but neglected to search the API =/. Silly me.

I do have another issue now though.

I would like to apply consistent speed values when shifting left or right across the cross path of the volume no matter how wide my volume is.
My game is going to have tracks with narrow flat paths, wide open roads with lots of room, curved tunnels that vehicles can drive up the walls and onto the ceiling, as well as tubes that vehicles can drive completely around. Curvy works great for this so far due to the cross clamping options provided.

However.....
Currently speed is applied proportionally to length of the cross path. To fix this I would need to find the real world length of the cross path and adjust horizontal speed accordingly. Since I'm using volumes that often loop around I can't just subtract the coordinates of the end of the path from the start as it's the same position and I would get zero.
Is there a function already in Curvy that supplies this length and if so, how would I access it in a script that extends the VolumeController?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Applying Centrifugal Force to Controller - by Mighty183 - 03-06-2019, 12:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Add noise to spline controller movement DekoGames 2 10 02-06-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: DekoGames
  Controller behavior like E21_VolumeControllerInput ashuraVlad 3 11 06-22-2023, 09:26 AM
  how to make fast moving controller go all the way to linear points?(curvy8) hawken 7 12 06-06-2023, 09:47 AM