Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Precision Following
Hi, and welcome to the forum. I hope you will enjoy it.

As I see it, your issue happens because the controller works with positions on the spline, while your cars are outside of it (translated to the top). So even if the controllers do keep the inter-cars distance constant on the spline, the distance is no more constante after applying the translation to the top. In real roller coasters, such issue don't happen because, from my understanding, the cars height is small relatively to the tracks curvature, which is not your case.
To solve the issue, and except making the cars smaller and/or less transtaled to the top, the only solution I see is to make the inter-car distance (on the spline) variable. You will have to use some maths to know, for each car, what distance on the spline is equivalent to the desired constant distance outside of the spline (i.e: after the translation to the top), and then set the cars' positions accordingly. So you can have the first car's position set by a controller, and the remaining cars' positions set from your calculations.

I hope this helped
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
Precision Following - by Livealot - 07-17-2018, 06:07 PM
RE: Precision Following - by _Aka_ - 07-17-2018, 11:20 PM
RE: Precision Following - by Livealot - 07-18-2018, 12:09 AM
RE: Precision Following - by _Aka_ - 07-18-2018, 09:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Generator Shape Extrusion Range/Lenght precision UsernameHed 3 3,769 07-10-2019, 10:21 AM
Last Post: _Aka_