Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scale Deform Mesh Along Spline? / aligning colliders
Earlier today we purchased Curvy Splines for a project at work and having looked into it for the last few hours I must say i am very impressed. It appears to do most of what I was hoping for but there are three things I so far haven't been able to do with your excellent plugin.

1. I see that it is possible to scale a shape extrusion along the length of the spline, can a similar effect by replicated using the deform mesh option? We are looking to use the system for tree roots, tentacles etc. which is to say that we need to apply our own base meshes but also ideally be able to scale the meshes along the spline path.

2. Secondary question is whether or it is possibly to assign an specific mesh at the end of a mesh deform spline path. In the same context of the previous question, we're looking to make tree root-like shapes and would love to have the last mesh along a "deform mesh" spline be an end piece.

3. Lastly, I love all the options for exporting meshes under the "create mesh" note, however I have a hard time using the colliders. What I'd like to do is to have the generated primitive colliders (Box, capsules) be aligned with the average direction of each mesh piece. Currently when I ask the Create mesh note to generate box colliders. it does so in word-space alignment which means that they are nearly useless.

Messages In This Thread
Scale Deform Mesh Along Spline? / aligning colliders - by MamasToast - 09-14-2022, 12:41 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 21 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM