Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get Split Length to match spline segment length?
Hi
Not knowing how your generator is setup, I might answer with irrelevant answer. If it is the case, please send me the reproduction case so I can give a better answer.
When you use the Split functionality of the Volume Mesh module, the code will split the generated mesh at the first row of vertices possible. So if you set Split length to 100, and the first row of vertices is only at 120, the mesh will be split at 120. So a fix to this is to set the Include CPs option of the Shape Extrusion module to true. That way you will always have a row of vertices at the position of CPs.
If this does not solve the issue, I am thinking of another solution:
You can have multiple shape extrusions, one for each segment. That needs the creation of a lot of modules, so creating them via API is the best. To limit the extrusion to only one segment, please use the Start CP and End CP parameters, under the Range tab, in the Input Spline Path module.
Did this help?
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to get Split Length to match spline segment length? - by _Aka_ - 07-21-2022, 12:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM