Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to tell if a spline is straight? / Optimize problems with straight splines
Hi
About checking if a spline is straight, the easier solution is indeed to check the angle between the normals. If performance is an issue, go through all the spline's segments and use the CurvySplineSegment.ApproximationT, which contains the cached tangents. You can also use CurvySpline.GetApproximationT, but this is less optimized (will allocates arrays)
Regarding the reported issues with Optimize. I have to check individually the issues you reported, which I will do early next week. But what I can say for now is that some features are indeed impacted by the Optimize option. The Split feature is one of them that I am already aware of. Will say more about this subject early next week.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to tell if a spline is straight? / Optimize problems with straight splines - by _Aka_ - 12-24-2021, 03:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM