Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control points close together causing mesh overlap
That does fix it, but with my current code, it creates another problem where the other segment connecting through that control point (that's not too close) gets pulled in and no longer looks correct.  It's been a little while since I actually wrote this code, so I'm trying to remember exactly what I did, but I remember that I had to essentially tune it to match what I needed.  For context, this is engineering data, and in addition to the points and vectors, I have a slack value, which I was unable to apply directly with Curvy, so I tweaked a scaling variable for the handles in my code (shown below) until it visually matched what I needed.

Is it possible to set the handles asymmetrically so I can check if a control point is too close to the one before or after it, and adjust the handle just on that side of the control point?

Code:
CurvySplineSegment segment = wireSpline.Add();
segment.SetLocalPosition(position);
segment.AutoHandles = false;
Vector3 handleOut = vector;
handleOut.Normalize();
handleOut *= SLACK_SCALING;
Vector3 handleIn = -handleOut;
segment.SetBezierHandles(0.025f, handleIn, handleOut);

Messages In This Thread
RE: Control points close together causing mesh overlap - by amccraw - 05-23-2020, 12:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 0 0 7 hours ago
Last Post: ShiroeYamamoto
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 3 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM