Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control points close together causing mesh overlap
I'm using Curvy to generate tubes from predefined data that dictates the control points and the handle vectors, and I've run into an issue with some of the points that are very close together.  With these points, I'm fairly sure the mesh generated from each points extends past the middle and then back towards itself, and it creates a weird spot on the tube.  I've attached a picture of the mesh and of the underlying spline path (which doesn't exhibit the same behavior), as well as a picture where I set the cross range length to a very small number so you can see the mesh crossing over more clearly. I was wondering if there is something I can do to prevent this from occurring, unfortunately I can't modify the input points and vectors at all to tweak the results.

If necessary, I can try to generate a set of data to replicate the issue, but I can't post the current data I'm using.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Control points close together causing mesh overlap - by amccraw - 05-22-2020, 11:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 21 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM