Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lots of Allocs in Editor Update (Poor Performance in Editor)
Hi,
I did some preliminary work on this. The CPU usage boils down to these Unity methods: Gizmos.DrawRay, Gizmos.DrawCube and HandleUtility.GetHandleSize. These methods seem to not be efficient enough when called thousands of times. I might get some 10% or 20% perfs with some small improvements, but the real optimization (things like twice as fast, or an order of magnitude faster) would mean writing my own batchable alternatives to these methods.
Like I said earlier, I will work on this later, but I thought you might be interested in my preliminary work.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lots of Allocs in Editor Update (Poor Performance in Editor) - by _Aka_ - 02-06-2020, 10:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Splines Built In Editor Undo causes issues. Lupos 1 9 10-02-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  I want to improve the performance of Variable Mix Shapes yanke 7 8 07-27-2023, 09:15 PM
  Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor. Lupos 30 71 06-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Brick Extending Curvy to make a Hallway editor. JacobSL 5 396 02-13-2023, 09:29 AM