Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving multiple controllers at once
Dude, you have no idea how helpful that was. I never even considered the other array, I thought Unity would add slots if you tried to write to an empty slot. Thanks man.
However, the custom editor did cause issues so I tried a different approach but I couldn't figure out how to get GUI to work without the editor inheritance. But I guess I learned about  InitializeOnLoad and static functions and calling functions in other scripts, so... Rolleyes 

Using custom editor with SplineController messes up the inspector as you saw, so it might be some odd quirk I missed. After checking it looks like I could use the Unitys default layout for said component, but I don't get how. Do you have any knowledge of this?

I  used a workaround and use custom editor with Transform instead (which messes that one up,  using a custom TransformInspector code to get it back to normal, it's hacky though).

So now everything finally works as intended (I think).
I found a new way, remaking it.

This is what it looks like. https://imgur.com/a/8lIuUVa

Messages In This Thread
Moving multiple controllers at once - by Lupp_ - 01-15-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: Moving multiple controllers at once - by Lupp_ - 02-08-2020, 10:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Distance travelled across multiple splines jh092 1 7 02-23-2024, 09:44 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Best practice for controllers slowing down/speeding up along the spline Curry 1 5 08-06-2023, 09:47 PM
  Moving object down or up the spline using gravity velikizlivuk 6 16 07-26-2023, 10:06 PM
  Multiple Splines and Generators Performantly for Road System drock 1 6 07-17-2023, 10:31 AM