Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lag in editor, trying to optimize it
EDIT: I speak here only in editorMode (not in play mode). It's juste the unity edtior which start to lag a bit.

Hello ! I am getting more and more lag in editor mode. I am profiling and optimizing my scene.
I came across one optimisation I can't resolve myself, here is the profiler:
[Image: IJdjgMQJasR_lag.PNG]

Here we see that CGModule.Update() is called x180 per frame, and taking 21ms (it take me 20fps of my editor)
And the GC.alloc is called 13716 time, a lot !

I have some Spline and Generator in my scene always active.

I have created a boolean "optimize editor" in my scene view, I activate it when I want to have an optimized scene.
When it's active, I search for every generator, and desactivate the option "auto refresh".
But the CGModule.Update() is still present. Where are they used ?

Thanks ! Smile

[Image: IJdjKXcLZoR_internal.PNG]

I think this function cause this lag. It use reflexion and it's extremly costly.
And I think it's also the cause of the renaming problem I still have by the way Wink

what is the purpose of this function ? how can I cache, or desactivate it ? Can I desactivate it totally when i'm not modifiing the spline or generators ?

Thanks Smile

Messages In This Thread
Lag in editor, trying to optimize it - by UsernameHed - 10-03-2019, 09:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Splines Built In Editor Undo causes issues. Lupos 1 9 10-02-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor. Lupos 30 71 06-03-2023, 10:58 AM
Brick Extending Curvy to make a Hallway editor. JacobSL 5 396 02-13-2023, 09:29 AM
  Generator window causes my editor to lag every couple seconds niuage 1 3 03-28-2022, 11:05 AM