Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New version Broke my Generator after each compilation
I have the same problem, very anoying !
But now, I have found how to do the bug:

I am in unity 2019.2.0f1, with your new version of curvy.

- create a simple spline
- create a simple generator, with a Shape extrusion template.
- when the shape is generated nicely, apply this setting to the script CurvyGenerator:

[Image: IJkmEYn5PpP_generator.PNG]

Then, go to visual studio, and change something in your code:
Unity now compile in the background while you are still on visual studio. I don't know if it's affect our problem.

Then, go back to unity, and surprise:
[Image: IJkmIqamyXP_Capture.PNG]

-the shape is no longer visible in the scene view
-all the link are broken.

I have found even worst:

When my generator have still the link, and if I desactive the InputSplinePath component, after compiling, here the result:

[Image: IJkmU3ADjoP_broke.PNG]

What is my goal ?
I just want to be able to desactivate and re-activate a Generator on the fly:

I have a big big road with a generator on it. It lag when I am moving the spline.
- I want to desactivate the generator it when I do nothing (that why I want to set it enabled = false), and still have the mesh present.

- When I am moving the spline: I don't want to generator to update, unstead, I want to activate it AFTER when i am pressing a button

But as you see, after each compilation, if I let the generator disabled, the mesh disapair, so I can't do that Sad

(in editor mode only, NOT in play mode)

The best way I would like to do, is to be able to remove the Create Mesh object from the parent generator, like that:
[Image: IJkm3NUGU1P_create.PNG]

But then, If I desactivate the Generator, like that:
[Image: IJkm5c0Qp3P_disactive.PNG]

Then I have the mesh displayed, and not the generator.

The problem is when I activate the generator again: it doesn't find the Mesh.

How can I change the code of the Generator, to be able to keep the link of the "Create Mesh" object, even when moving it form the hierarchy ?

Thanks again, this Generator give me nightmare, every time I try to do something with it, it broke Sad

The best way I would like to do, is to be able to remove the Create Mesh object from the parent generator, like that:
[Image: IJkm3NUGU1P_create.PNG]

But then, If I desactivate the Generator, like that:
[Image: IJkm5c0Qp3P_disactive.PNG]

Then I have the mesh displayed, and not the generator.

The problem is when I activate the generator again: it doesn't find the Mesh.

How can I change the code of the Generator, to be able to keep the link of the "Create Mesh" object, even when moving it form the hierarchy ?

Thanks again, this Generator give me nightmare, every time I try to do something with it, it broke Sad

Messages In This Thread
RE: New version Broke my Generator after each compilation - by UsernameHed - 10-10-2019, 12:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 6 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Question Generator Canvas workflow issues Sacryn 1 7 02-02-2024, 11:22 PM