Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generator Shape Extrusion Range/Lenght precision
Hello Smile, i have a little issue for a while now, it was'nt bothering me since now.

It's about the Range / lenght settings in the Generator. I change it from an editor tools and I want to set the value depending of 2 Custom SplineController on the spline.

Here I have a part of my raceTrack here:
[Image: IGjmw35PIAa_gen2.PNG]

And the green shape you see is a special Generator, who draw a rectangle in the road, at an given emplacement, with a range of 0.9511405, and a lenght of 0,04026

I have 2 customControllers, here: (they are basicly the same calculation as your CurvyControllers
[Image: IGjmDz7SrRa_gen3.PNG]

[Image: IGjmzzaBJOa_gen4.PNG]

As you see in the first image, the first customController has the variable percentInSpline at 0.9511405, exactly the value in the generator, and I calculate myself the Range.

it seems to work when I am close to 0, but here is another exemple (same calculation), with a mesh who are in the middle of the spline:
[Image: IGjmOBLGBKa_gen5.PNG]

I am sure you are using percentage for the Range & Lenght. So i have tryed to use distance, and then convert it with Spline.DistanceToTF, but the result is then the same.

Mmm ok , I solved it.
Here the convertion CurvySpline.DistanceToTF doesn't worked, so I used my own calculation:

Instead of doing this: StartMesh = GreenController[0].GetPercent()
I do this: StartMesh = GreenController[0].GetDistance() * 1f / lenghtSpine;

and it worked. Cool !

I suggest you to add in the curvyGenerator a way to choose between distance and percent or something like that.

Thanks you x)

Messages In This Thread
Generator Shape Extrusion Range/Lenght precision - by UsernameHed - 07-09-2019, 12:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 19 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Rasterized Path Range issue proton 2 10 04-15-2024, 03:42 PM
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 1 10 04-03-2024, 03:16 PM
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp