Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move the Create Mesh of a CurvyGenerator Out of the Main Parent
Hello it's me again Smile

I have 2 little question:

1) About the CurvyGenerator, I would like to Move the CreateMesh Outside de main parent, and keep the link wiht the Curvy Generator:
[Image: IGijBnNXnEa_Capture.PNG]
Then, put the Tag [EditorOnly] on the CurvyGenerator Object, for saving performance in build (in the build, I want only the mesh)

But when I do, in the CurvyGenerator Graph editor it is no longer present:
[Image: IGijDMmqzNa_Capture2.PNG]

And when I try to relink it again, it does'nt work...
From the inspector in the field VolumeMesh>Slots>VMesh, it say in the console 
"[Curvy] Linking modules from the inspector isn't supported yet! Use the Graph editor instead!"

and from the graph, I just can't add it any more. 

EDIT: For relinking it I have to: close the graph editor, then move the Create Mesh as child of the CurvyGenerator, and then open the graph again to relink it. So it seems to keep the link the first time I move CreateMesh from outside, but as soon as I open the graphEditor, I have to manyally do this trick

2) A realy quick question about the Event of the Curvy Spline:
If I want to trigger an event when the spline is changed (add/delete controle point, OR just move a controlPoint), it seems like the event OnAfterControlPointChanges seems the right one, but in the documentation it's say only for add/delete point, not for move. Does it trigger also for moving a control point ?

Thanks you Smile

Messages In This Thread
Move the Create Mesh of a CurvyGenerator Out of the Main Parent - by UsernameHed - 07-08-2019, 09:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 19 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Heart Create beautiful curves ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 03-26-2024, 06:25 PM
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM