Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Volume to the Volume Controller Dynamically
Hi,
I see two solutions:
1- Coding your own OnControlPointReached: The idea is that even if you don't use a SplineController anymore, nothing stops you from querying the spline with your ow code. In the code I sent you before, there is code that gives you the nearestSegmentStart. You can run this code each frame, and compare the result with the one of the previous frame. If the result is different, then execute the code you would normally execute in OnControlPointReached.
2- Not using OnControlPointReached: OnControlPointReached made sense when the controller was a SplineController. Maybe when using a VolumeController, alterantive logics can work as well. I haven't gave this a deep thinking, but it seems to me that triggering the generator change based on the controller's RealtivePosition instead of based on OnControlPointReached is a valid alternative logic.

PS: your message was duplicated in its middle. Maybe I missed part of it because of that. Let me know if I have missed something
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add Volume to the Volume Controller Dynamically - by _Aka_ - 04-16-2019, 04:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Question Volume Spots inter group distance Sacryn 1 3 02-27-2024, 04:08 PM
  Add noise to spline controller movement DekoGames 2 10 02-06-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: DekoGames
  Newbie Question: Uniformly increase spacing between volume spots? SAMYTHEBIGJUICY 1 5 09-01-2023, 03:38 PM