Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applying Centrifugal Force to Controller
I'm attempting to build a basic vehicle controller to use on curvy splines. It's nothing fancy and doesn't require realistic physics. In fact it is more similar to a pseudo 3d racing controller such as OutRun or RoadRash. My tracks are built with the supplied volume generators and I have enough understanding to manipulate the position and speed along the spline, as well as move my object left and right across the cross range. (Basically I have no problem recreating example 21 Extrusion).

I would however like to apply a basic centrifugal force to my object based on how sharp the turn is (so it doesn't turn corners automatically), but I'm not sure where to start or how to grab that data from the spline as I have never worked with Curvy before.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Applying Centrifugal Force to Controller - by Mighty183 - 03-01-2019, 01:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add noise to spline controller movement DekoGames 2 10 02-06-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: DekoGames
  Controller behavior like E21_VolumeControllerInput ashuraVlad 3 8 06-22-2023, 09:26 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  how to make fast moving controller go all the way to linear points?(curvy8) hawken 7 12 06-06-2023, 09:47 AM
  How can I find the point on the spline after applying with offset angle+radius? Chanon 1 5 10-01-2022, 11:50 AM