Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to create a moving train that slows and stops at stations
Firstly thank you for such a great and robust asset!

I must admit that I feel a bit daunted attempting to take the great work you have done here and apply it.
My team and I are creating a wild west themed game and we bought Curvy in order to create our train tracks and train system.

I need help doing a few things:

1.) Creating the train tracks (which as I understand it will also be the path).  From the looks of it there is not a way to provide an existing model and have Curvy use that.  Instead you create a Lathe type outline that is then extruded.  I have been picking apart the example scene with the train but this still confuses me.  How can I create a track that is old west themed graphically?  Do I need a new material that is Lathe-able?

2.) I found the controls for the speed of the train and for creating and attaching new train cars but I cannot seem to find a way to create a "speed system".  Obviously we would like the train to start out moving at full speed, then when it approaches a station play the sounds, slow the train and its animations and eventually stop at the station, wait, then start back up again.  Is this sort of thing possible?  How would I go about doing that?

I am happy to research and tinker I just think I need a push in the right direction; get me on the right track you could say Wink

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers~

Messages In This Thread
Trying to create a moving train that slows and stops at stations - by Novian - 08-16-2018, 03:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart Create beautiful curves ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 03-26-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Is it possible to create a road texture at runtime? artsung 1 4 01-30-2024, 09:30 AM
Wink Train carriage with 2 bogies following a path arcadeperfect 9 27 08-25-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: arcadeperfect
  Moving object down or up the spline using gravity velikizlivuk 6 17 07-26-2023, 10:06 PM