Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a multitrack rollercoaster
I have been looking at curvy for a while and I'm thinking of getting it to create a rollercoaster.
Most of it seems straight forward looking at the train demo/tutorial but there a a few parts that are different for a rollercoaster and I don't know if this is possible with curvy.

- Track design: I want to extrude the track of the coaster, but the tutorial only shows how to extrude connected shapes. I guess I would have to generate seperate meshes for each of the three track beams (left rail, right rail and the lower middle support rail)? And then spot the part that holds them together along the track? Or is there an easier way.

- Switch track: Looking at the multitrack demo's it is a bit hard to see with the moving trains but it looks like two tracks just intersect. What I would like to do is create an actual switch section (and animate it). Would this be possible if the track is generated?

- Placing points: How easy is it to place controlpoints along a line? I know I can set the position manually but if the line is not straight across an axis what would be the best way to place them?

The switch section is what is currently holding me back from deciding to use curvy but if this doable from what I have seen this would be the perfect tool!

Messages In This Thread
Creating a multitrack rollercoaster - by RavenLiquid - 08-02-2018, 08:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help creating a wedge Thinkurvy 2 2 Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Creating splines from the surface of existing 2d colliders Monomirror 2 486 08-18-2021, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Monomirror
  Creating splines at run time jamesunity 6 2,995 07-17-2020, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jamesunity
  Creating a ring of rectangles, then create series of rings to create a cylinder mchangxe 2 2,362 09-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Last Post: _Aka_