Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline Controller Animate - Don't understand the Speed and TimeScale properties
Before I started looking at Animation, I had movement with the Spline Controller working just fine. 

With the Move Mode set as Absolute, I could calculate the Speed as basically my distance / time. 

This is great because I know my distance and how quickly or slowly I want to move, so it all just worked.

Then I wanted to make the movement more realistic with easing (slow down at end, speed up at start etc) so I enabled Animate. Now, I have a Time Scale property which I think is the same as my total time, but I no longer know how to programmatically calculate the Speed because it means something else, speed delta (which I think means acceleration?)

Given that I have a target total movement time and the total distance to travel, how do I go about calculating this new speed, which may have sections with varying speed for easing in and out?

Messages In This Thread
Spline Controller Animate - Don't understand the Speed and TimeScale properties - by GenericJoe - 04-22-2018, 10:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM