Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Keep Aspect" in Volume Mesh CG module does nothing
I'm trying to feed some information about my spline to a shader that does certain things based on the length of the spline. It seems like the module is trying to do some aspect correction even though I don't want it to. It seems like the "Keep Aspect" control doesn't do anything anymore. I searched the source code from CGMaterialSettings' KeepAspect property and isn't referenced anywhere in the Volume Mesh module. There is a commented out block of code in CGClasses.cs (lines 877-905) where it appears it used to work. Basically, I don't want the AspectCorrection that the CalculateAspectCorrection function there is giving and I have no way to turn it off.

My shader takes the length of the spline and uses it with the UV's y coordinate to understand where along the spline the fragment is, but since there is an arbitrary scaling factor from the aspect correction that I can't easily access, it makes it really difficult for me to implement my effect. I don't really want to start hacking into CurvySpline source code, but I'd like a solution so that I can disable the aspect correction as it appears I once would have been able to do.

Messages In This Thread
"Keep Aspect" in Volume Mesh CG module does nothing - by freqout - 05-20-2016, 11:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 21 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
Question Volume Spots inter group distance Sacryn 1 3 02-27-2024, 04:08 PM