Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shape Extrusion at Runtime via script
Question 
Hey there Fluffy Underware team,

I'm trying to control the generator via script and have run into a problem I have not been able to figure out on my own.

Here's what I'm doing:

I have a Curvy Spline object that I add/remove points to/from at run time to create a small path - max 5 points long.  I'm handling the generation of the points via script... I determine an end position vector, do some math and fill in points leading to the end position vector... this is working exactly as I want it to.  I have a small spline that looks great.

Once the path is generated I want to extrude a shape on it and that's where I seem to be stuck.

I have my generator setup to use the template "Shape Extrusion". It's almost as-is from the template sans the scale which I made smaller for my purposes.

I assigned the Curvy Spline object (which holds the points at runtime) to the Input Spline Path module in the generator.

Here's where I get stuck:

At runtime I see the spline but the generator never generates a mesh for it as it does when I pre-set everything in the editor. 

I found that if I call Refresh() on the Input Spline Path object after I add the points at runtime I get a mesh generation - a mesh that seems to be the correct length is generated... but it does not follow the spline.

I've tried a number of things... refreshing the generator via code, looping through all the modules and refreshing them... adding/removing the spline at runtime based on my needs - pretty much everything leads down to the same place... when I extrude at runtime I wind up with a mesh that doesn't follow the spline.

Is it possible to extrude a shape along a given spline at runtime? If so... am I just doing something incorrectly?

Messages In This Thread
Shape Extrusion at Runtime via script - by rdotfunky - 04-10-2016, 02:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 21 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM