Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion for an additional example
Your tutorials are excellent, and I'm working my way through them now. I was also browsing the examples, which again are quite well done and very realistic use-cases.

I'd like to address one thing that was confusing to me, where I think there might be a gap between your simpler examples and the advanced ones. I wanted to use an existing spline and simply replicate a prefab along its length at intervals. No extruded shape, no UV mapping, no random list of GameObjects to choose at each point. I did get that working by dissecting your railroad example, but there is so much node complexity there it was a little hard to figure out the minimum node set to do this.

My suggestion is to add a very simple Generator example with only a replicated prefab along a spline.

Again, this is a very minor suggestion amidst tutorials that are overall extremely good. Thank you for those!

Messages In This Thread
Suggestion for an additional example - by syscrusher - 04-09-2016, 02:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split existing segment(s) with additional control points KStress71 1 279 09-09-2021, 05:46 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Idea for caps? (feature suggestion) hawken 1 3,076 03-23-2018, 11:34 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  [SOLVED] Additional fields on a Connection Trainzland 6 9,947 01-27-2016, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Jake