Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make controller affect another object than the one controller is attached to
Hello,

I'm currently in need of a way to make some SplineController affect another object than the object the controller is attached to... I started to create another class inheriting from SplineController and began to override ApplyTransformRotation, ApplyTransformPosition, ... in short every method that use transform and replacing it by objectToMove.transform. This would have been fine until I stumbled on the Refresh method from CurvyController which also use transform in its body. Unfortunatelay I cannot just copy that one since it uses protected/private fields.

I will thus have to modify the CurvyController directly to add this possibility. Right? Is there any caveat in doing that?

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
How to make controller affect another object than the one controller is attached to - by Aberdyne - 01-12-2016, 04:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Add noise to spline controller movement DekoGames 2 10 02-06-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: DekoGames
  Removing the objects behind an object alms94 6 6 12-06-2023, 09:31 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Getting object on spline Position when Spline has coordinates larger than 2000 velikizlivuk 5 10 09-05-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: velikizlivuk