Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using curvy for camera pathing, through a procedural level
Wow...curvy has a lot of features. So many that I feel burried in docs. Before I spend days reading all of it...I need a fail fast test...which is to ask on this forum.

I have a game in which the level is built at runtime. For explanation sake, we can call it a maze game. Each component of the level is a prefab and includes a GameObject that representings a control point for my spline. The spline must also be built at runtime. Before the level starts, I build a path through all the control points...that becomes the spline. And now I need to move the camera through the spline. So far, there are a number of packages that can do this for me. The troubling part is that I also want the orientation (quaternion rotation) of the control points to be used in the camera fly through. Basically at the moment that the camera actually passes through a particular control point, I want it's rotation to be that of the control point.

It seems like the spline itself shouldn't align to those camera angles. I could probably manage the rotation of the camera myself, if I knew which control point it was going to next.

Seems like something several people would have done before. Any hints?

Messages In This Thread
Using curvy for camera pathing, through a procedural level - by duncanx - 08-22-2014, 10:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 1 10 04-03-2024, 03:16 PM
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 5 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp