Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection tags
No luck, but I think I know why. After posting my original question, I re-read through your documentation. The directions say "...first select a CP at the end of one spline, then any CP of another spline..." (paraphrasing). Following thoes directions I am only able to make one connection. When I try to connect the 2nd spline, it removes the first connection.  I am able to connect a 2nd spline to that same connection by selecting the 2nd CP of the first connection and then the end CP of a 3rd spline. But then the tags are unpredictable, which was where I was at when I asked the question. At this point the connectior in the inspector of the main spline look like this...

* First.CPx --> Main.CPx
* Main.CPx --> Second.CPx

Now here is where things get weird. If I connect a 4th spline to the same connection in the same way as I just described. It works and the inspector for the connection on the main spline looks like this...

* First.CPx --> Main.CPx
* Second.CPx --> Main.CPx
* Third.CPx --> Main.CPx

It reorginizes them in the order they would have been if I was able to connect them all the way the directions indicated (End.CP --> Any.CP). I have not tested if the tags work, I need to take a break. I may have lost intrest in this already, except I've commited to a project counting on this system working. How close are you to this new system? Do the tests i've done give you any indication of what might be wrong with making that second connection? Please advise, thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Connection tags - by Bryan Thatcher - 07-09-2014, 12:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Thumbs Up Can't delete connection lacota 3 6 03-16-2024, 11:34 AM
Lightbulb Junction & Connection Navigation System Design SAMYTHEBIGJUICY 4 13 11-27-2023, 01:04 PM
  Connection "next' control point jh092 3 15 11-22-2023, 11:47 AM